No Sew Zippers with Ann Weaver (9/13)
Total Qty Available : 11
(If this class is sold out, but you want to get on our waiting list; Email us at email@example.com, and include your contact info and the class you would like to be on the waiting list for.)
Sun 9/13/2020 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
In this workshop, led by local knitwear designer Ann Weaver, you’ll learn everything you need to know to install zippers into sweaters by installing a 6-inch zipper to join two swatches — with NO SEWING! We’ll use a Knit Picker tool to pick up stitches along our zippers and join these zippers to our knitting.
Skills needed: Picking up stitches
Techniques covered: Picking up stitches on a zipper using a Knit Picker; joining zipper stitches to the edge of a project
- Fingering weight yarn in any color for picking up stitches along the zipper. I recommend a strong, plied, wool sock yarn in a light color.
- Two circular needles, any length, Size 6 or 7
- Worsted weight yarn (the yarn used for the swatches or another color)
- Ruler at least 6 inches long
- Fine-point gel pen or marker
- I’ll provide Knit Picker tools, zippers, ribbon, and thread!
Optional materials: If you have a sweater in which you’d like to install a zipper, feel free to bring it and an appropriate zipper. Choose a separating zipper in the size closest to the length of your front edging; choose the size under the actual length. Even better, you can order a customized zipper from Zipperstop. Customizing the length is only $1 extra!
Homework: Knit two Stockinette stitch swatches, approximately 6 inches by 6 inches, in worsted weight yarn. I recommend using a light color. Wet block them, pinning the edges flat to prevent rolling.
in our store, including our floor looms.