You cherish the Field Bag by Fringe Supply Co and never leave home without it. You love the durable Porter Bin for both its stowaway and getaway abilities. And yet you’ve wanted something with the capacity of the Porter and companionability of the Field — oh, and you’d like it to stand in for your purse on occasion, too! And now we have it: the Town Bag!
The Town is literally a larger Field Bag in that it’s the same weight of canvas and same interior pockets (just a bit wider, and no grommets). In addition to the tote-style handles, it also has exterior front and back pockets in waxed canvas that wraps under the bottom for protection and creates a subtle tone-on-tone effect, both in the color and character of the two fabrics. The interior pockets are all in natural canvas for visibility. And it has a satisfying heft and feel in the hand when loaded with your yarn, pattern and tools.
It has roughly the same interior capacity as a Porter Bin, and you can fit two full Town Bags in a Woollelujah tote!
Waxed canvas — used here for the exterior pockets and bottom — is a very special fabric, which by its nature shows the crinkles and scuffs in the surface (think of the difference between paper and waxed paper), giving it a distinctive look, which is least apparent with the black bag.
- made in USA
- 11" x 5.5" base (16" wide at top), 10.5" tall
- handle drop is approx 4" with bag uncinched, approx 6" cinched
- 100% cotton canvas body
- outer pockets and bottom in waxed canvas
- interior pockets in natural/undyed canvas
- sturdy triple-weight bottom
- 100% cotton double drawstring
- 100% cotton webbing
- antiqued brass rivets
- signature Field Bag-style divided pockets inside (no grommets)
- french seams and concealed gusset
- spot clean